samza-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Riccomini <criccom...@linkedin.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Recommended JDK version?
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2014 16:39:51 GMT
Hey all,

We've reached a bit of an impasse between upgrading to Scala 2.11:

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SAMZA-469

And deprecating JDK 6:

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SAMZA-455

It looks as though Scalatra 2.3, which is required for Scala 2.11 support,
was built using JDK 7. This means that upgrading to Scala 2.11 forces us
to deprecate JDK 6. It is possible for us to work around this by
eliminating the Scalatra dependency, but this would require some work in
samza-yarn.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Chris