samza-dev mailing list archives

From Pieter Joost van de Sande ...@born2code.net>
Subject problem running hello-samza with LocalJobFactory
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2014 12:31:17 GMT
The documentation is talking about the LocalJobFactory next to the YarnJobRunner and I would
love to use it to fasten the local development feedback cycle.

I changed the `job.factory.class` entry in the `wikipedia-feed.properties` file to look like
the following:

# Job
job.factory.class=org.apache.samza.job.local.LocalJobFactory
job.name=wikipedia-feed

When I try to deploy it after the build I get the following error:

$ deploy/samza/bin/run-job.sh --config-factory=org.apache.samza.config.factories.PropertiesConfigFactory
--config-path=file://$PWD/deploy/samza/config/wikipedia-feed.properties
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.samza.job.local.LocalJobFactory
at
java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:372) at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361)
at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:360)