samza-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Bernhardt <bernhardt...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject More control over checkpoints
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2015 15:11:28 GMT
I would like to aggregate in-memory and when a checkpoint takes place, write the aggregation
state someplace. I therefore have a few questions:Can my StreamTask receive a call when a
checkpoint takes place so that it can write its state?Or can the CheckpointManager receive
the task for which to checkpoint and the CheckpointManager can write the StreamTask state?I'm
planning to have my external state also keep the topic+partition offsets in the same place
that holds the aggregation state.

Thank you, Best regards,Tom