samza-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Lee <rd...@tivo.com>
Subject Re: Deserializing issue
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2015 00:09:41 GMT
The json serde creates a Map<String, Object>  The Map.toString() method simply recursively
prints out the keys and values in the format {key=value, …}.  I think your json structure
is fine… it’s just in the Map.

Richard

> On Feb 19, 2015, at 4:00 PM, Shekar Tippur <ctippur@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> As I am trying to extend what we have to other sources, I changed some
> code. Looks like deserialization is broken.
>
> Here is a sample stream input:
>
> {"creation_time":"2015-02-19T04:03:51Z","alert_policy_name":"Alert
> Policy","application_name":"PROD AWS","business_unit_l1":"CEG"}
>

> envelope.getMessage().toString()
>
> Transforms it to:
>
> {creation_time=2015-02-04T20:41:36Z, alert_policy_name=Alert
> Policy,application_name=Prod AWS,business_unit_l1=CEG}
>
> As we can see, the json structure seem to be broken.
>
> I have this in the config file:
>
> systems.kafka.streams.Alert.samza.msg.serde=json
>
> systems.kafka.samza.msg.serde=json
>
> Wondering what could be wrong.
>
> - Shekar

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any
attachments) by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender immediately and permanently delete this email and any attachments. No employee
or agent of TiVo Inc. is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of TiVo Inc.
by email. Binding agreements with TiVo Inc. may only be made by a signed written agreement.