samza-dev mailing list archives

From Chinmay Soman <chinmay.cere...@gmail.com>
Subject Question on hello-samza (Kafka startup and shutdown)
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 18:44:55 GMT
Sending to a wider audience to know if anyone is also seeing this issue.

It seems Kafka gets in a weird state everytime I do bin/grid stop all  (and
then start all).

I keep getting a LeaderNotAvailable exception on the producer side. It
seems this happens everytime Kafka hasn't been shut down properly. This
issue goes away if I use the following sequence:

* bin/grid stop kafka
* bin/grid stop zookeeper (after like 5 seconds).

(and then start everything).

Has anyone else seen this ?

--
Thanks and regards