samza-dev mailing list archives

From Phill Tomlinson <PhillTomlin...@fico.com>
Subject Execute a Task Periodically rather than through a stream of events
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 10:02:31 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering if it I was possible to execute a Samza task/stream on a periodic timer, rather
than ingesting from a specific data source?

My use case is if there is a stream that deals with certain events these events can store
some state in a tasks local database. These events that go into this database will be stored
and may need to be awoken on a given timer thus need to be polled and queried on? Currently
I can only envisage doing this with an external database and using a an app to poll the database
and feed into another stream but as a samza has the concept of local datastore this would
greatly reduce latency and increase throughput if it could reawaken its own events.

Thanks,
Phill

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, proprietary and intended solely
for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in
error please delete it immediately.