samza-dev mailing list archives

From Jordi Blasi Uribarri <jbl...@nextel.es>
Subject NoSuchMethodError
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 11:11:38 GMT
Hello,

I am new to Samza and I am trying to test it. I have not found much documentation and I am
not sure if this is the correct place for this kind of questions. Please let me know if I
am in the wrong place. I have tried to follow the documentation but I guess I missed something
or  did something wrong.

I have installed a clean debian box and followed the instructions to download and build from
git.

git clone http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/samza.git
cd samza
./gradlew clean build

I have also installed scala (2.9.2 ) and java 7 jdk an jre.

I have created a simple job in java and I am trying to run it but I am seeing some java dependencies
problems when I try to run both run-job.sh and run-am.sh scripts.

What I have done is create a folder for the jobs in /opt/jobs. There I have created a bin
folder for the scripts and a lib folder for all the jars that I find that are required (as
I have seen in the script that this the place where they are obtained). I have copied there
all the jar contained in the samza folders and the ones I have obtained from a hadoop-2.6.0
instalation package. Some of the dependencies have been solved but I am stuck in the following
error when I run run-am.sh:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: scala.Predef$.augmentString(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;
        at org.apache.samza.job.yarn.SamzaAppMaster$$anonfun$main$3.apply(SamzaAppMaster.scala:63)
        at org.apache.samza.job.yarn.SamzaAppMaster$$anonfun$main$3.apply(SamzaAppMaster.scala:63)
        at org.apache.samza.util.Logging$class.info(Logging.scala:55)
        at org.apache.samza.job.yarn.SamzaAppMaster$.info(SamzaAppMaster.scala:55)
        at org.apache.samza.job.yarn.SamzaAppMaster$.main(SamzaAppMaster.scala:63)
        at org.apache.samza.job.yarn.SamzaAppMaster.main(SamzaAppMaster.scala)

What I am missing?

As a more general question, I am having quite a work compiling the dependencies. Is there
a reference of the jar files needed for the jobs and scripts to run correctly?

thanks for your help,

                Jordi
Jordi Blasi Uribarri
Área I+D+i