samza-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Riccomini <criccom...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Kafka topic naming conventions
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2015 00:48:48 GMT
Hey Roger,

We haven't thought about this in great detail. People do all kinds of wacky
things in practice. We have some that are like, "AdViewsByMemberId". There
are various permutations of that.

One thing I haven't seen, but might be relevant, is including partition
counts in the topic. If you're doing joins, you kind of care about both the
join key and partition count.

Sorry I don't have better guidance. :/

Cheers,
Chris