samza-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Riccomini <criccom...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Storing sensitive data in the Config
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 23:27:13 GMT
Hey Tommy,

Yea, this has come up a few times. We don't currently have an answer for
it. The simplest thing to do would be to have a prefix. Any config with the
prefix could be stripped from the AM and logs. Another possibility is to
store the configs in an encrypted way, and have the code decrypt the
configs at runtime.

Can you open a JIRA up to track this? Do you have any other thoughts on the
best way to handle this?

Cheers,
Chris