samza-dev mailing list archives

From Gian Merlino <g...@metamarkets.com>
Subject Producer performance in 0.9.0
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2015 17:40:59 GMT
Has anyone else seen issues with producer performance in 0.9.0?

I updated a few of our jobs recently and ended up rolling one back to 0.8
since it was being really sluggish. I profiled it for a bit and a lot of
time was being spent in BufferPool.allocate and the busy-loop in
KafkaSystemProducer's flush. The flush-ms metric said that flushes were
taking on the order of tens of seconds.

The slow topic was a state changelog for a stream-stream join buffer. I
tried setting producer.linger.ms to 1, 5, and 1000, but that didn't change
the behavior much.

Gian