samza-dev mailing list archives

From Harlan Iverson <har...@pubnub.com>
Subject Re: Request: Speakers for May 5 meet up at LinkedIn in Mountain View, CA
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 01:14:21 GMT
Hi Ed,

I would be glad to give an architecture/in-practice talk about using
Clojure with Samza, if you're still looking for a speaker. We're orienting
our design around Transducers, which are a new idea in Clojure 1.7 that has
been giving us excellent performance and an expressive way or writing
tasks. We've been using Samza internally since 0.7-SNAPSHOT and ingesting
about 15MB/s of traffic from ZeroMQ, serializing as Google Protobufs,
running through a few-step pipeline, before publishing back out to the
PubNub system. I'm free to talk about any of the application architecture
and some of the issues we've tackled around performance and implementing
Samza APIs.

I am open to suggestions about points of interest for the group.

Cheers,

Harlan