samza-dev mailing list archives

From Yan Fang <yanfang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Samza Unit Test Instrucations
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2015 00:23:54 GMT
Hi Yuanchi,

There is no out-of-box unit tests provided by Samza. But there are some
ways:

1) If you only want to test the logic in the Task class, normal unit tests
will work. You can create a unit test that tests init(), process(), etc.

2) Create mock systems by implementing SystemAdmin, SystemConsumer, etc.
You can refer to this one TestSystemStreamPartitionIterator
<https://github.com/apache/samza/blob/master/samza-api/src/test/java/org/apache/samza/system/TestSystemStreamPartitionIterator.java>

3) bring up zookeeper, kafka in the unit test. Here is the reference
TestStatefulTask
<https://github.com/apache/samza/blob/master/samza-test/src/test/scala/org/apache/samza/test/integration/TestStatefulTask.scala>

4) run the job locally
<http://samza.apache.org/learn/documentation/0.9/jobs/job-runner.html> by
setting the job.factory.class
<http://samza.apache.org/learn/documentation/0.9/jobs/configuration-table.html>
.

Usually, I think 1) and 4) are sufficient. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Fang, Yan
yanfang724@gmail.com