samza-dev mailing list archives

From "Lukas Steiblys" <lu...@doubledutch.me>
Subject Re: ProcessJobFactory parent process
Date Fri, 29 May 2015 19:59:13 GMT
Yes, I'm talking about the child process crashing. I'd like the parent to
die as well if the child crashes so Docker can understand that the process
failed and restart the container.

Lukas

-----Original Message-----
From: Yi Pan
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2015 12:47 PM
To: dev@samza.apache.org
Subject: Re: ProcessJobFactory parent process

Hi, Lukas,

I assume that when you say "the job crashes", you were referring to the
child process running the container, not the parent process? If yes, we
were actually talking about adding container health-check/failure-detection
in the JobCoordinator. SAMZA-680 would be the good place to start these
kind of discussion.

Thanks!

-Yi