samza-dev mailing list archives

From José Barrueta <j...@stormpath.com>
Subject Quick question regarding deserialization
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 00:30:15 GMT
Hi all,

We're planning to have a Samza Job that reads from 2 or more Kafka topics,
the messages are serialized using Binary Json, we'd like to deserialize
each message to its specific Java Type, the job configuration only allows
to declare one system msg deserializer, is there any plan to allow per
input deserializers? If not, and you guys find it useful, I'd be happy to
contribute in it.

So the other option I have is to send the raw bytes to the StreamTask and
handle the deserialization in the `process(...)` method based on the stream
source, i.e. envelope.getSystemStreamPartition().getStream() what I don't
like about this approach, is that I'll be coupling the name of a partition
to a specific behavior in the application.

Any other suggestions?

Jose Luis