samza-dev mailing list archives

From "Balusamy, Elangovan" <Elangovan.Balus...@altisource.com>
Subject Access config properties inside Job
Date Thu, 14 May 2015 11:35:36 GMT
Folks,

We are using an external component in one of our tasks, the external component persists some
info to MySQL DB, the component reads database connection info from a specific property file
that should be available in classpath.   Is there a way I can specify custom property files
as part of Job runner so that the  property file is available in classpath for the samza task.

Based on the dev list I am aware of moving this to samza properties or accessing using relative
path, but I would prefer something like below to job runner.

deploy/samza/bin/run-job.sh
--config-factory=org.apache.samza.config.factories.PropertiesConfigFactory
--config-path=file://$PWD/deploy/samza/config/wikipedia-feed.properties
--classpath-config-file=file://$PWD/deploy/samza/config/mycustom-peristence.properties

This will make mycustom-peristence.properties to be available in classpath.

Thanks
Elango

This email message and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the addressee. If
you are not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from reading, disclosing, reproducing,
distributing, disseminating or otherwise using this transmission. If you have received this
message in error, please promptly notify the sender by reply email and immediately delete
this message from your system. This message and any attachments may contain information that
is confidential, privileged or exempt from disclosure. Delivery of this message to any person
other than the intended recipient is not intended to waive any right or privilege. Message
transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or free of software viruses.