samza-dev mailing list archives

From Tommy Becker <tobec...@tivo.com>
Subject Coordinator URL always 127.0.0.1
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2015 18:35:06 GMT
We are testing some jobs on a YARN grid and noticed they are often not starting up properly
due to being unable to connect to the job coordinator. After some investigation it seems as
if the jobs are always getting a coordinator URL of http://127.0.0.1:<port>  But my
understanding is that the coordinator runs only in the AM, so I'd expect these URLs to more
often than not be to some other machine.  Looking at the code however, I'm not sure how that
would ever happen since the URL for the coordinator always comes from InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostAddress()
in org.apache.samza.coordinator.server.HttpServer#getUrl

Am I off base here?  Because I don't see how this is ever going to work in scenarios where
the AM is on a different node than the containers.

--
Tommy Becker
Senior Software Engineer

Digitalsmiths
A TiVo Company

www.digitalsmiths.com<http://www.digitalsmiths.com>
tobecker@tivo.com<mailto:tobecker@tivo.com>

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any
attachments) by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender immediately and permanently delete this email and any attachments. No employee
or agent of TiVo Inc. is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of TiVo Inc.
by email. Binding agreements with TiVo Inc. may only be made by a signed written agreement.