samza-dev mailing list archives

From Yi Pan <nickpa...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Release 0.10.0
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2015 05:08:45 GMT
Hi, all,

I want to start the discussion on the release schedule for 0.10.0. There
are a few important features that we plan to release in 0.10.0 and I want
to start this thread s.t. we can agree on what to include in 0.10.0 release.

There are the following main features added in 0.10.0:
- RocksDB TTL support
- Add CoordinatorStream and disable CheckpointManager
- Elasticsearch Producer
- Host affinity
And other 0.10.0 tickets:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20SAMZA%20AND%20status%20in%20(%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Resolved%2C%20Closed)%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%200.10.0

I propose to cut a 0.10.0 release after we get the following issues
resolved:
- SAMZA-615: Migrate checkpoint from checkpoint topic to Coordinator stream
- SAMZA-617: YARN host affinity in Samza

Thoughts?

Thanks!

-Yi