samza-dev mailing list archives

From Yi Pan <nickpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Samza and KStreams (KIP-28): LinkedIn's POV
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2015 17:25:09 GMT
Hi, Roger,

On Sat, Oct 3, 2015 at 11:13 AM, Roger Hoover <roger.hoover@gmail.com>
wrote:

> As previously discussed, the biggest request I
> have is being able to run Samza without YARN, under something like
> Kubernetes instead.

Totally. We will be actively working on the standalone Samza after the
upcoming 0.10 release.

> Also, I'm curious.  What's the current state of the Samza SQL physical
> operators?  Are they used in production yet?  Is there a doc on how to use
> them?

The current physical operators code now lives in samza-sql branch. There
are still two big pending check-ins in-review right now, one to stabilize
the operator's APIs, the other to implement the window operator. We are
planning to finish the proto-type in Q4.

Regards,

-Yi