samza-dev mailing list archives

From Renato MarroquĂ­n Mogrovejo <renatoj.marroq...@gmail.com>
Subject Samza @ ApacheCon BigData 2015
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 12:15:37 GMT
Hey Samza lovers,

I am sorry I haven't been updating you guys on my progress but we have been
communicating with Yan Fang (my GSoC mentor) regularly during GSoC and
after it as well.
So GSoC is over, I have accomplished both my goals that were implementing
the integration with Amazon Kinesis and ActiveMQ. I will be gettting ready
the patches in the following weeks thus Samza can have the code for it.
I gave a talk at ApacheCon BigData yesterday about the integration with
Kinesis and what we tried to get it properly working. People were quite
interested, I didn't have a full room like Michael Noll from Confluent ;)
but a good show-up.
The only question that I feel I didn't answer extensively was "why would
anyone choose Samza for stream processing right now with KafkaStreams
coming soon" LOL I said that yeah it was going under restructuring because
all the reasons explained in the extensive email thread we had a couple of
months ago. Michael's opinion was also valuable he said that maybe people
should wait until KafkaStreams comes out and then see how the two projects
look like at that moment.
Anyway, I think it was good, and let's keep the patches coming on ;)

Best,

Renato M.

[1]
http://www.slideshare.net/RenatoJavierMarroqun/apachecon-bigdata-europe-2015