samza-dev mailing list archives

From "Yan Fang" <yanfangw...@163.com>
Subject Re:Re:Need help in log4j.xml externalization
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2015 03:37:40 GMT
Hi Ankush,

In current situation, if you run the Yarn client and the Yarn application in different machines,
the logs will not be mixed. Otherwise, there is no other ways, because they share the same
environment variable, if the environment variable is set, they both will use it. You may want
to open a JIRA for this request.

But IMHO, to get the logs for individual task, it is better to package them in different jar/tars.
That maybe easier to manager -- if one task is down/changed, it does not affect other tasks.
(assuming what you mean "task" is a "job", not the "task" in the context of Samza).

Thanks,
Yan

At 2015-10-26 21:00:35, "Patni, Ankush" <Ankush.Patni@altisource.com> wrote:

>Hi Yan,
>
>Small doubt :
>
>Is it possible to set the log4j.xml in somewhere so that it will not get mix with yarn
client and will be available for yarn application only. With this I will be able to get the
logs for my individual task in their respective container.

>Ankush

>This email message and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from reading, disclosing, reproducing,
distributing, disseminating or otherwise using this transmission. If you have received this
message in error, please promptly notify the sender by reply email and immediately delete
this message from your system. This message and any attachments may contain information that
is confidential, privileged or exempt from disclosure. Delivery of this message to any person
other than the intended recipient is not intended to waive any right or privilege. Message
transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or free of software viruses.