samza-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Mangi <r...@chartbeat.com>
Subject Re: Samza hdfs
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 17:12:03 GMT
We also evaluated Spark Streaming as well as Storm before settling on Samza for our work. Our
reason was the confidence  and modularity that comes with having Kafka between each job in
the topology. Being able to treat each job as a separate deployment makes ongoing development
much easier and when things go wrong the entire topology doesn’t go down. We’re building
the backbone for a bunch of other teams to work off of and having everything go down at once,
even for a code deployment, just doesn’t work for us.

My 2 cents :)

Rick

> On Nov 13, 2015, at 10:26 AM, Aram Mkrtchyan <aram.mkrtchyan@picsart.com.INVALID>
wrote:

> Hi Navina,
>
> Sure , I will do it with great pleasure.
>
> And a little about why we have moved from Spark Streaming to Samza :
> The main reason was the job scheduling on each batch processing. Also, we need to process
messages one by one, which means whenever the message is consumed it needs to be  processed
immediately.