samza-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Mangi <r...@chartbeat.com>
Subject API for containers?
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 19:42:44 GMT
Hello,

I’m wondering if there’s currently any API (or other way) to find out which container
would handle a theoretical key and what node that container is running on.

The use-case I’m thinking of is if I wanted to run a rest service on each node which could
handle queries against the current state of a job by talking to a shared kv store. I saw that
there is an elastic search kv implementation in the codebase but didn’t see any way to direct
a query to a specific instance of elastic search running on the cluster. To do this you would
want to look at a key and determine which container would handle that key in the stream, then
hit a service on that node (potentially there could be more than 1 container on the node of
course…).

Thanks,

Rick