samza-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Kniep <ckn...@gaikai.com>
Subject Re: Same error when using an ubuntu (15.10) image
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2016 09:07:17 GMT
Hey Yi,

I checked out the hello-samza project, changed the directory into the project and ran ‘./gradlew’.
Since it’s stated ‘./gradlew’ and the file is present in the project, that’s what
I assumed.

Cheers
Christian
--

Christian Kniep  |  Release Engineer

www.gaikai.com <http://www.gaikai.com/>
> On 14 Jan 2016, at 18:58, Yi Pan <nickpan47@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Here is the line from the tutorial:
> {noformat}
> NOTE: if you are building from the latest branch of hello-samza project, make sure that
you run the following step from your local Samza project first:

> ./gradlew publishToMavenLocal
> Then, you can continue w/ the following command in hello-samza project:
>
> mvn clean package
> mkdir -p deploy/samza
> tar -xvf ./target/hello-samza-0.10.0-dist.tar.gz -C deploy/samza
> {noformat}
>
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Yi Pan <nickpan47@gmail.com <mailto:nickpan47@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi, Christian,
>
> Which local directory are you running ./gradlew publishToMavenLocal from? The command
needs to be executed from the directory under which the Samza project is checked out, *not*
where the hello-samza project is checked out.

> -Yi
>
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 7:53 AM, Christian Kniep <ckniep@gaikai.com <mailto:ckniep@gaikai.com>>
wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> to rules out that my OS choice had a big effect I followed the steps on the tutorial
and created an ubuntu version.
> The README provides my step in detail: https://github.com/qnib/u-samza <https://github.com/qnib/u-samza>
>
> I was not able to execute the gradlew command, maybe that’s my problem?
>
> Furthermore, when installed via grid - how are the services ZK, kafka and yarn are started
- the documentation might elaborate a bit on this to help rockies out.