samza-dev mailing list archives

From David Garcia <dgar...@homeaway.com.INVALID>
Subject ChangeLog Question for TTL rocksDB stores
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2016 02:19:30 GMT
So, I saw this very scary message:

ERROR - e.kv.RocksDbKeyValueStore$ - sessionJoinStore is a TTL based store, changelog is not
supported for TTL based stores, use at your own discretion

A few of questions:

1.) Does this mean that this store is NOT backed by the changelog?

2.) Provided that the store IS backed by a change log, do the TTL expirations commit removals
from the changelog (I.e. Nulls)...presumably upon compaction

3.) Can I please get a bit more detail on how TTL affects a changelog store?

-David