samza-dev mailing list archives

From Yi Pan <nickpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need some clarifications - Newbie to samza
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2016 19:41:29 GMT
Hi, Rohit,

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 9:53 PM, Rohit Bansal <bansalrohit90@gmail.com>
wrote:

> 1) Is it possible to analyze the metrics (graphs of messages , disk space
> and other details for performance / status check) ? In Application master
> in YARN UI, it contains only config information and not much details. Also,
> how can I execute rest calls ( /metrics and others) ? may be these rest
> calls can be of some help.

Please clarify what do you mean by "execute rest calls" here. Are you
trying to send REST request from Samza containers to other services? Are
you asking whether there is any REST service hosted by Samza
containers/AppMaster? How is this REST calls related to metrics in your
context? If you are asking where to find the metrics, please read:
http://samza.apache.org/learn/documentation/0.10/container/metrics.html

> 2) Is it possible to look at rocksdb from outside the task or it can be
> accessed only from code of StreamTask implementation ?

Yes. It is possible. There is a read-rocksdb-tool.sh in samza package that
allows you to open the RocksDB state store externally in read-only mode.
Please read the doc here:
http://samza.apache.org/learn/documentation/0.10/container/state-management.html