samza-dev mailing list archives

From Jagadish Venkatraman <jagadish1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No samza consumer group found
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 04:13:38 GMT
Hi David,

Samza is using the simple consumer - I'm not aware of a notion of group id.
Others will comment on that.

As far as I know, the client id for a particular consumer instance is
defined by a combination of the job name, the current timestamp and a
sequence number.

val clientId = KafkaUtil.getClientId("samza-consumer", config)

KafkaUtil.getClientId has this logic.

I'm curious about your usecase as to why you are interested in inspecting
this information?

Thanks,
Jagadish