samza-dev mailing list archives

From David Yu <david...@optimizely.com>
Subject Samza not consuming
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 21:12:17 GMT
I'm trying to debug our samza job, which seem to be stuck from consuming
from our Kafka stream.

Every time I redeploy the job, only the same handful of events get
consumed, and then no more events get processed. I manually checked to make
sure the input stream is live and flowing. I also tried both the following:

systems.kafka.consumer.auto.offset.reset=largest
systems.kafka.consumer.auto.offset.reset=smallest

I'm also seeing the following from the log:

... partitionMetadata={Partition
[partition=0]=SystemStreamPartitionMetadata [oldestOffset=144907,
newestOffset=202708, upcomingOffset=202709], Partition
[partition=5]=SystemStreamPartitionMetadata [oldestOffset=140618,
newestOffset=200521, upcomingOffset=200522], ...

Not sure what other ways I could diagnose this problem. Any suggestion is
appreciated.