samza-dev mailing list archives

From Manohar Reddy <Manohar.Re...@happiestminds.com>
Subject Regarding my use case to explore with Samza-
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 04:58:16 GMT
Hello Team,

we are part of some service based company and trying to explore the available real time streaming
technologies.so one of the first option we are trying is Samza.
let me explain brief about my use case here:

we are trying to build  real time reporting dashboard for e-learning domain.
To build this dash board the input is RDBMS.so if any DML(inserts/updates/deletes)  into the
source RDBMS,immediately some adapter will publish to kafka with RDBMS table name and primary
keys as JSON format.
Now Samza has to consume the kafka event and query back to source RDBMS table to get the whole
data set of  RDBMS relation tables by using json event information.
now do some transformation here as per business and load into Target(Reporting DB) RDBMS.
more or less here we are handling with few  JDBC calls through Samza and here every day data
load is small I can say max 2Gb of data but we need real time processing ecosystem in place.
that's it brief about my usecase,so team please provide your inputs how we can approach with
samza for this requirement.is there any utility API with Samza for JDBC calls.

Thank you very much in Advance.

~~Manohar
Happiest Minds Disclaimer

This message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the original intended recipient of the message,
please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Happiest Minds Technologies <http://www.happiestminds.com>