samza-dev mailing list archives

From "Navina Ramesh (Apache)" <nav...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Samza kinesis implementation
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2016 00:30:01 GMT
Hi Shekar,

Last year, we had one of the Samza committers, Yan Fang, mentor a PhD
student - Renato ,as a part of the GSoC program, where they worked on
integrating Samza with Amazon Kinesis. I have cc'd the two of them so they
can provide you more context.
Here is the presentation from ApacheCon 2015 as result of their work -
http://www.slideshare.net/RenatoJavierMarroqun/apachecon-bigdata-europe-2015

We have an implementation at LinkedIn, although it has not been submitted
to open-source. I have cc'd Ryanne and Jason who work on the Kinesis
integration at LinkedIn.

I am afraid that's all the guidance I can offer for now. Please let us know
if you have any questions. We would to be happy to review your design and
code contribution!

Thanks!
Navina