samza-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Colomer <colomer.nico...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about JobFactories
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2016 10:43:57 GMT
Hello community,

As mentioned in the documentation
<https://samza.apache.org/learn/documentation/latest/jobs/configuration-table.html>,
the *job.factory.class* configuration has 3 possible values:
*ThreadJobFactory*, *ProcessJobFactory*and *YarnJobFactory*. For the first
two, we can read in the description: "This is intended only for
development, not for production deployments.".

It may be a dumb question but can you elaborate on the reasons of this?

For instances, we have some Samza jobs that use only one task and are
enough to sustain production traffic. We wonder why we could not run those
jobs in a standalone mode (over Mesos for instance) instead of relying to a
YARN cluster.

Thanks for your answers.
Nicolas