samza-dev mailing list archives

From Chad Greenberg <evil_goodn...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Jar conflicts after upgrading from 0.10.0 to 0.11.0
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2017 08:20:25 GMT
Thanks Liu. I already know of all that. The conflicts I see are with Samza and the version
of Hadoop that Samza depends on. I would love to upgrade Hadoop, but it is Samza that is using
the older version.

________________________________
From: Liu Bo <diablo47@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 2:14:05 AM
To: dev@samza.apache.org
Subject: Re: Jar conflicts after upgrading from 0.10.0 to 0.11.0

Hi chad,

there should be conflicts on maven dependency, and it's very likely to be jetty related as
you mentioned, we end up remove all other jetty related dependencies and only keep the ones
in samza-core

you can check it using mvn dependency:tree
at the project that handles packaging your job's tar.gz and find out which project cause that
conflict, then you can remove it using maven exclusion.

ref: https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/examples/resolving-conflicts-using-the-dependency-tree.html

IDE such as eclipse or idea has a nicer visualization of this dependency tree.  The jetty
dependencies in samza-core is attached for reference

On 14 February 2017 at 13:44, Chad Greenberg <evil_goodness@hotmail.com<mailto:evil_goodness@hotmail.com>>