samza-dev mailing list archives

From Srujun Thanmay Gupta <sgupt...@illinois.edu>
Subject Re: No Metrics Emitted in new High-Level API
Date Sat, 27 Jan 2018 01:23:36 GMT
Hello,

I have attached the container log and the job coordinator logs for the two
samples I ran, and the .properties configuration files used. The
wikipedia-feed and wikipedia-application code are exactly the same as in
the master branch on hello-samza. The only change is that I added the
metrics config to the wikipedia-feed.properties file.

ubuntu@ubuntu-xenial /vagrant/hello-samza % git status
On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
Changes not staged for commit:
  (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
  (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)

        modified:   src/main/config/wikipedia-feed.properties

no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")

ubuntu@ubuntu-xenial /vagrant/hello-samza % git rev-parse HEAD
f48892747dea196ab80eb0c76081efa86f0ba00c

I scanned through the log files but I do not see anything alarming. The
MetricsSnapshotReporter is being invoked in both places, but I only see
messages in the Kafka metrics stream for the wikipedia-feed job, not
wikipedia-application.

Is there anything else I can try? Thank you!

--
Srujun Thanmay Gupta