samza-dev mailing list archives

From Yi Pan <nickpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: code cleanups
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2019 19:04:54 GMT
Hi, Andrey,

Thanks for bring this up. See my response below:

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 4:54 AM Andrey Paykin <andreypaykin@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. Is this idea make sense (code cleanup)

Yes, totally make sense.

> 2. Do I need JIRA ticket(s)? May be there is some example ticket or
> additional requirements?

I would recommend to open JIRAs to track this effort.

> 3. If answer for 2 is yes, how should I organize it? If all cleanups are
> submitted in one PR it can be difficult to review. Or cleanups can be
> submitted for each module separately with many PRs for each ticket, it
> leads to many same tickets. What is better way?

It would better to be organized as an umbrella JIRA + a set of sub-JIRAs,
each sub-JIRA addresses one subset of cleanups (organized by module and
some meaning logic unit within a module if there are many in a single
module, i.e. samza-yarn/<package name>).

Does that make sense?

Thanks and welcome to the community!

-Yi