serf-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Docs
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2016 13:54:35 GMT
Right now I would say its pretty non-controversial that one of
the major stumbling blocks w/ more extensive usage of serf
is the lack of any documentation regarding it. Not even doxygen
pages can be found. This means that prospective users need
to dig thru subversion (the actual project, that is) to get
a feel on the best way to leverage serf, and I wonder how
many people/projects will actually go to all that much trouble...

Is there any intent to alleviate this? And external usage
guides that could be added to the website, etc...?

Personally, I'd like to see serf used a lot more in httpd,
but with a limited number of (active) httpd contributors
being familiar w/ serf, and non-existent documentation, it
is really hard to make that argument, esp since there are
other similar libs that don't "suffer" from those disadvantages.

Comments? Thoughts?