serf-dev mailing list archives

From "Bert Huijben" <b...@qqmail.nl>
Subject RE: please help - SharpSvn problem Question
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2017 15:47:01 GMT
                Hi Yosi,

I'm not sure how relevant the serf list is for this question. The
users{_at_}@sharpsvn.open.collab.net
<mailto:users%7b_at_%7d@sharpsvn.open.collab.net>  is probably more
appropriate unless you have a more specific error message pointing towards
the 'serf' http library below Subersion.

Talking about the error message:

Can you send the complete error message instead of only the top level error?
The easiest way to obtain would be to call .ToString() on the exception
instead of the .Message.

Both Subversion and .Net use nested error messages to provide more details.
In this case the message will tell you what failed on connecting to the
repository: bad path, some server error, authentication, etc. etc.

You could iterate over .InnerException on each exception, but just calling
.ToString() does all that and a bit more.

Another thing I usually try is replicating the problem with the commandline
client. The Slik Subversion client is compiled with mostly the same compiler
settings and dependencies as SharpSvn, so sometimes just using that client
helps in finding a root cause.

Thanks,

                Bert