serf-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Please consider dropping scons
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2017 00:49:34 GMT
On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 3:47 PM, Michael Schultz <
Michael.Schultz@microfocus.com> wrote:

> I must admit I had a "I'm not going to let this defeat me" moment this
> morning and learned enough about SCons to fix the SConstruct script. The
> first problem: There was no PATH at all in the environment, so no wonder it
> couldn't find the C compiler.

Wow. That is really weird. I'm assuming you got this solved? Patched
SConstruct, or something else?

> Second problem: I built libz and installed it in a local directory, and
> the UNIX bversion of the SERF SConstruct didn't set ZLIB's include and lib
> into CPPPATH and LIBPATH.

Looks like SConstruct has a ZLIB variable available for Windows builds, but
it assumes the system include and lib directories otherwise. Seems we
should obey ZLIB (and OPENSSL, etc) if they are specified on any platform.

> Third problem: expat was included as a library, which I again only
> installed locally, but EXPAT/lib wasn't included in LIBPATH.  (In fact,
> there was no way to specify the directory for EXPAT.)

Yeah... Expat is a dependency of apr-util, so serf isn't concerned with it.
I'm going to guess there is a problem with apu-1-config producing some
incorrect results. Maybe an RPATH issue somewhere? (I'm not familiar enough
with HP-UX to know if that concept is supported)

Cheers,
-g