serf-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.4.0 RC1 release artefacts are available
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2018 09:08:21 GMT
On 01.10.2018 15:41, Branko ─îibej wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've just committed the 1.4.0 RC1 release artefacts here:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/serf
>
> Please give them a spin. I don't actually plan to officially release the
> RC1, so these are not tagged but are just a snapshot from the current
> state of the 1.4.x branch. The only planned change for the actual
> release are the release date and revision in the CHANGES file.

So I *FINALLY* got around to testing with OpenSSL 1.1.x on macOS, and
found this:

1) test_ssl_handshake_nosslv2: .../test/test_ssl.c:590: Serf does not disable SSLv2, but it
should!
2) test_ssl_missing_client_certificate: .../test/test_ssl.c:1925: expected <120172>
but was <120171>
3) test_ssl_renegotiate: .../test/test_ssl.c:1881: expected <0> but was <120199>

Funny that it worked on Windows ...

I really hope the 1st failure is not related to using an apr-util with
the crypto module linked to OpenSSL 1.1. Actually that holds for the 2nd
failure, too. I should probably try with an apr-util built --without-crypto.

For the 3rd failure, the error code is SERF_ERROR_ISSUE_IN_TESTSUITE;
I've been trying to track this one down forever, it looks like a
heisenbug. Someone who is more familiar with the MockHTTPinC code should
really take a look at that.

The only posit... er, non-negative result is that I get the same
failures with a SCons and a CMake build.

-- Brane