serf-dev mailing list archives

From Lieven Govaerts <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.4.0 RC1 release artefacts are available
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2018 18:01:14 GMT
Hi Branko,

On Mon, 1 Oct 2018 at 21:13, Branko ─îibej <brane@digiverse.si> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've just committed the 1.4.0 RC1 release artefacts here:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/serf
>
> Please give them a spin. I don't actually plan to officially release the
> RC1, so these are not tagged but are just a snapshot from the current
> state of the 1.4.x branch. The only planned change for the actual
> release are the release date and revision in the CHANGES file.
>
> -- Brane

I have downloaded the RC and tested on Mac OS X. The test suite runs fine,
no errors reported.

There is an old mail thread on this list that discusses some TODO's before
we can release 1.4:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/serf-dev/Brr9IfD7NSI/koXX6UQRHCEJ

Most have been solved or we can ignore I guess. Just wondering about:
* Logging:
In logging.c there's some test code marked as:
/* TODO: remove before next serf release, FOR TESTING ONLY */

  This sets up a stderr logger, default with empty scope, for ease of
debugging. I suppose we should just remove it, or wrap it in a #if 0 block.

* OCSP (Stapling): do we consider this stable?

regards,

Lieven