servicemix-commits mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
Subject svn commit: r1348231 - /servicemix/website/trunk/src/main/webapp/community/board-reports/
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 20:30:52 GMT
Author: gertv
Date: Fri Jun  8 20:30:52 2012
New Revision: 1348231

Adding initial stab at the June 2012 board report


Added: servicemix/website/trunk/src/main/webapp/community/board-reports/
--- servicemix/website/trunk/src/main/webapp/community/board-reports/ (added)
+++ servicemix/website/trunk/src/main/webapp/community/board-reports/ Fri Jun
 8 20:30:52 2012
@@ -0,0 +1,50 @@
+title: Board Report 2012-06-20
+--- pipeline:conf
+h2. June 2Oth, 2012
+Project Status
+While we continue to have an active community with good participation from users on mailing
lists, IRC, and issue reporting
+in JIRA, we also have lost some of our momentum now that major parts of the functionality
are being maintained in related
+projects like Apache Karaf and Apache Camel.
+With the community objectives mentioned below, we want to ensure a new and better focus for
the Apache ServiceMix project.
+No changes since last report.
+Community Objectives
+One of the things we set out to do was to improve our release schedule in order to gain some
momentum again.
+With the initial 4.4.0 release out in December last year, we managed to get two fix releases
out since then.
+Our current objective is to work on a ServiceMix 4.5.0 release and then start doing fix releases
on that version as well
+to ensure we keep our steady delivery schedule.
+We keep on working on the documentation and website to ensure both new and existing users
are finding their way around
+the project more easily.  One of the challenges there was the mix of ServiceMix 3.x and ServiceMix
4.x related content.
+Therefore, we recently had a discussion on the mailing list to put the focus on ServiceMix
4.x entirely and starting to
+communicate to our user base that we are no longer planning lots of new activity on the ServiceMix
3.x branches.  We
+came up with a plan to do 2 more 3.4.x fix releases until the end of 2012, but no new minor
releases are being planned
+at the moment.
+Branding Status
+- Project Naming And Descriptions : Compliant
+- Website Navigation Links : Compliant
+- Trademark Attributions : Compliant
+- Logos and Graphics : Current logo is not compliant, new logo will be compliant
+- Project Metadata : Compliant
+- A set of 13 OSGi bundles in March
+- A set of 10 OSGi bundles in May
+- A set of 24 OSGi bundles in June (vote pending)
+- ServiceMix Specs 2.0.0 in June (vote pending)
+- ServiceMix 4.4.2 in June
\ No newline at end of file

View raw message