shindig-users mailing list archives

From erich oliphant <erich.oliph...@gmail.com>
Subject Settting up your own server
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2010 20:54:14 GMT
Hi,
I am new to shindig, have been through the examples etc.  I am trying to
understand how to use shindig in my own site.  I've added content to the
shindig core just to play with the features,etc.  But now I, for instance,
would like to make my own enhanced gadget server using Shindig.  I figured
that I could say create a new webapp, add dependencies for the maven jars
(which by the way i don't see in any maven repos), use the shindig
web.xml,etc as a guide for getting the OpenSocial stuff working properly,
then from there build out the rest of my app.

Is this the normal approach?  I saw a very high level outline on the wiki
but that wasn't especially helpful.

--
Erich Oliphant

"There are, in fact, two things, science and opinion, the former begets
knowledge, the latter ignorance"
-- Hippocrates of Cos