shindig-users mailing list archives

From Paul Lindner <lind...@inuus.com>
Subject Re: Logging In: how does @viewer become known by their userId?
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 01:22:56 GMT
@viewer is substituted with the current viewer from the security token.  It's the expected
behavior.

On Jun 2, 2010, at 11:16 AM, Justin Wyllie wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> in JsonRpcServlet which seems to be the controller for RPC calls I've been picking over
the request in doPost().

> It is data structure which includes this fields:
>
> userId: @viewer (actually its an array)
>
> My request is generated in my gadget with this line:
>
> req.add(req.newFetchPersonRequest(opensocial.IdSpec.PersonId.VIEWER), "get_owner");
>
> This is slightly simplified version.
>
> Bascially if I intercept the request in JsonRpcServlet and replace @viewer with john.doe
I get a result. At least my request for john.doe information works; I get his DisplayName
etc back. (I still can't get his friends but that is another problem).

where now it includes userId: array ([0]=> '@viewer') ?

> ii) Is it nothing to do with this and something to do with this param on the POST action
url: st=john.doe:john.doe:3960:shindig:http://mms-oxford.com/gadgets/friends.xml:0:default
which is what I see on the samplecontainer call?

> iii) Is the current behaviour expected and it is up to me to replace @viewer with john.doe
somewhere on the server side using our session?