shindig-users mailing list archives

From Justin Wyllie <justinwyl...@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject Returning NOT_IMPLEMENTED
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2010 14:32:11 GMT

Hi
I can return not implemented to an RPC call to the container web page by returning this:
new opensocial.ResponseItem(null, null, opensocial.ResponseItem.Error.NOT_IMPLEMENTED, null)
The callback in the gadget gets something like this: {"originalDataRequest_":null,"data_":null,"errorCode_":"notImplemented","errorMessage_":null}
I'm not sure of the equivalent for Rest calls and Javascript API calls to the 'backend'. It
seems that Shindig throws a SocialSpiException (basically a PHP Exception)  which returns
a string e.g. 501 Not Implemented - Not Implemented.
Is this the correct way to return NOT_IMPLEMENTED ? Probably a silly question but I was expecting
to see a JSON stucture, not a string.
Thanks
Justin

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/197222280/direct/01/