shindig-users mailing list archives

From soaw...@web.de
Subject Client side usage of Shindig?
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 16:07:13 GMT

Hello,

I’m completely new to shindig and would need some starting hints. Any help highly appreciated.

I just downloaded shindig and followed a view gadgets tutorial to use the sample page to add
them. Everything works great but now I have a little gap how to really use shindig:

1.) I have an html page where I want to add one or two gadgets. Do  I do this by adding 2
iframes (with calculated gadget URL) myself or is this part of Shindig?

2.) Is the containerlayout (title, toggle link, etc.) just an example in the sample page and
should I produce it myself with html? Or are there skinning possibilities and a default container
(client side)?

3.) Whats the rpc_dely.html about and are there examples?

Any hints would be great.
I used this: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SHINDIG/The+rough+guide+to+deploying+shindig
 - which is good but rough.

I think my main problem is I don’t understand if Apache Shindig is just the container or
has some Client & UI related parts (beside the example HTMLs).

Kind regards
Tom

Schon gehört? WEB.DE hat einen genialen Phishing-Filter in die
Toolbar eingebaut! http://produkte.web.de/go/toolbar