shindig-users mailing list archives

From soaw...@web.de
Subject RE: Client side usage of Shindig?
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 08:25:25 GMT

Von: "Ciancetta, Jesse E." <jcian@mitre.org>
Gesendet: Mar 8, 2011 4:04:29 PM
An: "users@shindig.apache.org" <users@shindig.apache.org>
Betreff: RE: Client side usage of Shindig?

URL's I think you have a couple of options.  I believe Shindig has an endpoint built in which
can generate iframe URL's for you (part of what the RpcServlet mapped to /gadgets/metadata
does if I recall) or you can generate them yourself which is relatively straight forward to
do.  You can probably find some nice examples of this in the common container code that ships
with Shindig, or have a look at OSEC for a Java based example (http://code.google.com/p/osec)
or Partuza for a PHP based example (http://code.google.com/p/partuza/).

>>2.) Is the containerlayout (title, toggle link, etc.) just an example in
>>the sample page and should I produce it myself with html? Or are there
>>skinning possibilities and a default container (client side)?
>
>I think any code that ships with Shindig that does this sort of stuff is just a sample.
 Look at the projects referenced above for more complete implementations.

>>3.) Whats the rpc_dely.html about and are there examples?
>
>The rpc_relay.html file is used by the gadgets.rpc code as a transport to pass messages
between iframes that run on different domains -- I believe it is actually used as a last resort
when all better methods of cross domain RPC fail.  The gadgets.rpc code is really well implemented
and heavily commented -- have a look here for additional details:

>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shindig/trunk/features/src/main/javascript/features/rpc/rpc.js
>
>>Any hints would be great.
>>I used this:
>>https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SHINDIG/The+rough+guide+to+d
>>eploying+shindig  - which is good but rough.
>>
>>I think my main problem is I don’t understand if Apache Shindig is just
>>the container or has some Client & UI related parts (beside the example
>>HTMLs).
>
>Shindig is just the backend -- I believe any container related code that ships with Shindig
currently is either meant to be a sample or a starting point for a more complete implementation.