shindig-users mailing list archives

From Folke Mitzlaff <mitzl...@cs.uni-kassel.de>
Subject Integration with Custom Authentication
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 16:33:58 GMT
Dear List,

I plan to integrate Shindig into our web application which uses sessions
and cookies for authentication/authorisation based on the spring
security framework.

Though I searched and browsed the web, I wasn't able to stumble upon the
intended way of integrating (our) external authentication framework into
Shindig. More precisely: Whenever a gadget requests data, e.g., via rpc,
our container 'knows' who is querying - based on the session/cookie
information. But how should I inject these credentials into Shindig,
e.g. for validating the viewer id?

Any hint is appreciated.

Best wishes,

.folke