shindig-users mailing list archives

From Allan Bond <allan_b...@yahoo.com>
Subject different views in the same gadget container
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 15:15:51 GMT
Hello,

I am working on a gadget container that has different layout options (typical
layouts like 2-column, 3-column, etc.) We plan to support several gadget view
sizes ('canvas', 'home', and 'wide'). When I switch to a two-column view where
Column A is maybe 2/3 of the browser width and Column B is 1/3, what is the
preferred way to tell shindig which view each gadget should use for rendering?

Currently, as each gadget is added to the page, I call

shindig.container.setView('<view name>');
The <view name> changes depending on the column in which the gadget resides. Is
there a better or more preferred way to accomplish this? There is a parameter
called viewParams, but I'm not sure how that is used (can't see it in the
shindig gadget rendering servlet source either).

I've looked at several OpenSocial implementations (OSEC & Eureka Streams) and
they don't seem to change the view based on how wide the columns are in the
layout. They only change the view to 'canvas' when the user maximizes a specific
gadget.

Thanks for your input.

- Allan