shindig-users mailing list archives

From Scott Plumlee <sc...@plumlee.org>
Subject Re: URL rewriting problem
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2011 16:24:52 GMT
From my experience, shindig is designed to run in the host serving the page if you are using
the default container. If you want to have your pages served by another host but have shindig
do your gadgets you need to write your own container.  I can't remember the config value that
sets the gadget host to be local but there is a bug where it can't be overwritten easily.
We did get around this by proxying all shindig calls on our web server. This is based on experience
from 6 months ago, could have changed since then.