shindig-users mailing list archives

From Paul Lindner <lind...@inuus.com>
Subject Re: Customizing Shindig (example: Errors)
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2011 15:56:26 GMT
For some of the errors this should be possible to fix.  For example your
error message is thrown like this:

      throw new
GadgetException(GadgetException.Code.FAILED_TO_RETRIEVE_CONTENT,
                                "Unable to retrieve spec for " +
query.specUri + ". HTTP error " +
                                response.getHttpStatusCode(),
                                retcode);

Note the GadgetException.Code enum.

You could then modify ServletUtil#errorResponse to include a method of
returning localized error messages based on that enum.

Lucky for you most of the error handling is centralized in this way.

--
Paul Lindner -- lindner@inuus.com -- linkedin.com/in/plindner