shindig-users mailing list archives

From Stefano Pogliani <stef...@poglianis.net>
Subject Issues in uploading the oauth key
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 11:29:35 GMT
Hi

I am using Tomcat 7.0.2 on Windows 7 64 bits
I installed Shindig 2.0.0

I am able to run the test on the following URL:
http://localhost:8080/editor/

I noticed that, on startup, Tomcat told me to create an OAUTH key.
So I did the following :

openssl req -newkey rsa:1024 -days 365 -nodes -x509 -keyout testkey.pem
-out testkey.pem -subj '/CN=mytestkey'
openssl pkcs8 -in testkey.pem -out oauthkey.pem -topk8 -nocrypt -outform PEM

I edited the shindig.properties file that I found inside the
"shindig-common-2.0.2.jar" archive and made the following changes:

shindig.signing.key-name=mytestkey
shindig.signing.key-file=/WEB-INF/oauthkey.pem

and, then, I copied the oauthkey.pem file into the
$apache-root\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF directory

Now, when I start Tomcat, I receive a series of errors starting with the
following lines:

INFO: Loading OAuth signing key from /WEB-INF/oauthkey.pem
23 août 2011 12:47:21
org.apache.shindig.gadgets.oauth.OAuthModule$OAuthStoreProvider
loadDefaultKey
WARNING: Couldn't load key file /WEB-INF/oauthkey.pem
Throwable occurred: java.io.FileNotFoundException: \WEB-INF\oauthkey.pem
(The system cannot find the path specified.)
         at
org.apache.shindig.common.util.ResourceLoader.open(ResourceLoader.java:49)
         at
org.apache.shindig.gadgets.oauth.OAuthModule$OAuthStoreProvider.loadDefaultKey(OAuthModule.java:124)
         at
org.apache.shindig.gadgets.oauth.OAuthModule$OAuthStoreProvider.<init>(OAuthModule.java:114)
         at
org.apache.shindig.gadgets.oauth.OAuthModule$OAuthStoreProvider$$FastClassByGuice$$a027b5d6.newInstance(<generated>)
         at
com.google.inject.internal.cglib.reflect.FastConstructor.newInstance(FastConstructor.java:40)
         at
com.google.inject.DefaultConstructionProxyFactory$1.newInstance(DefaultConstructionProxyFactory.java:60)
         at
com.google.inject.ConstructorInjector.construct(ConstructorInjector.java:85)
         at
com.google.inject.ConstructorBindingImpl$Factory.get(ConstructorBindingImpl.java:111)
         at
com.google.inject.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter$1.call(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:45)
         at
com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:811)
         at
com.google.inject.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.get(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:42)
         at com.google.inject.Scopes$1$1.get(Scopes.java:54)
         at
com.google.inject.InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.get(InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.java:48)
         at
com.google.inject.InjectorBuilder$1.call(InjectorBuilder.java:200)
         at
com.google.inject.InjectorBuilder$1.call(InjectorBuilder.java:194)
         at
com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:804)
         at
com.google.inject.InjectorBuilder.loadEagerSingletons(InjectorBuilder.java:194)
         at
com.google.inject.InjectorBuilder.injectDynamically(InjectorBuilder.java:176)

apparently, from the little I understand, the software reads the
shindig.properties file, finds the location where to load the
oauthkey.pem file but:

1. either the location in the properties file does NOT point to the
physical location where I copied my key
2. or it does not recognize "/WEB-INF/" as something that it can access

Any idea?
thanks in advance for your help

Best regards
/stefano