shindig-users mailing list archives

From Veerendra N <Veerendr...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: Shindig API & Remove functionality
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 10:22:10 GMT
Hello,

I'm adding few more details. I hope it won't be considered as bumping. I've a left pane where
I use this function return on each link, on clicking this I load on to div in the right pane
the user form or any other form which is on present on left pane links. Now I'm unable to
remove the gadget that is already loaded on the right pane when I click on one more link on
the left pane. I collect the last loaded element in an object as shown below

my.gadgetSpecUrls['xyz'] = http://mysite.org/some_form.xml
last[el] = xyz
Now I want to use and remove the gadget on the right pane. It does not happen. Is there a
remove functionality in the api.

Thank You
Veerendra

From: Veerendra N
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 7:11 PM
To: users@shindig.apache.org
Subject: Shindig API & Remove functionality

Hello ,

The style issue I could sort out through the examples provided, Now I made some progress and
created a generic function, to which I pass the gadget object value and gadget renders properly.
Here is the function below

my.create_element_gadget = function(element){
      var el = element
      //need some code to clear or remove earlier gadget present on the page
      var gadget = shindig.container.createGadget(
                                                {
                                                      specUrl: my.gadgetSpecUrls[el]
                                                });
      shindig.container.addGadget(gadget);
     shindig.container.renderGadget(gadget);

};

This function works fine, but before creating gadget I want to clear the previous gadget that
was present in that particular location

Thank You
Veerendra

::DISCLAIMER::